The famous Michelin Guide has presented its 2017 edition of the guide treating Belgium and Luxembourg, listing both countries' best restaurants. The great news is: the Italian restaurant Mosconi in Luxembourg City managed to win back its second star. Thus the Grand Duchy has managed to defend Luxembourg's standing as the country with the highest concentration of starred restaurants per capita in the world, with 12 stars for its 563,000 inhabitants.
Restaurants for every taste
In total, 11 Luxembourgish restaurants have managed to get awarded one of the prized stars. Among them is the just named Mosconi, as well as all of the other restaurants who have already been on the 2016 edition of the guide's list. Here there are:
- Mosconi (Luxembourg City) ★★
- La Cristallerie (Luxembourg City) ★
- Favaro (Esch-sur-Alzette) ★
- La Distillerie (Bourglinster) ★
- Léa Linster (Frisange) ★
- La Gäichel (Eischen-Gaichel) ★
- Clairefontaine (Luxembourg City) ★
- Le Patin d'Or (Luxembourg-Kockelscheuer) ★
- Ma Langue Sourit (Moutfort) ★
- Toit pour Toi (Schouweiler) ★
- Guillou Campagne (Schouweiler) ★
Fourteen 'Bib Gourmand' restaurants
In the category 'Bib Gourmand', which lists 'coup de cœur'-restaurants with an exceptional value for money (full menu: entree, main course and dessert for a maximum of 37 euros), we now find 14 Luxembourg restaurants:
- Bistro 1865 in Clervaux
- Parc Le'h in Dudelange
- Dahm in Erpeldange
- Brimer in Grundhof
- La Bergamote in Luxembourg City
- Bick Stuff in Luxembourg City
- Kamakura in Luxembourg City
- Mamma Bianca in Luxembourg City
- Joël Schaeffer in Mertert
- Bonifas in Nospelt
- Two 6 Two in Strassen
- Les Timandines in Troisvierges
- Restaurant du Vieux Château in Wiltz
- L'Ecuelle in Wilwerdange
Have fun discovering the selection and enjoy the food!
A gastronomic reference
The Michelin Guide is the reference when it comes to dining in a good restaurant. Each guide is the culmination of a year of research and tastings according to strict criteria and an anticipated (or dreaded) moment for the gastronomic establishments concerned. It is therefore with pride that the Grand Duchy sees that 11 of its restaurants have won at least one of the coveted stars.
The star ratings are based on five worldwide identically criteria:
- product quality;
- preparation and flavours;
- the chef's personality as revealed through his or her cuisine;
- value for money;
- consistency over time and across the entire menu.
A restaurant distinguished by one or more stars (up to three) is one of the best restaurants in the world.
(Article written by the editorial team of the portal luxembourg.lu)