For its 8th edition, ICT Spring will be focusing on four main subjects: fintech, all things digital, space, and industry, which will be developed over these two intense days, closing with an awards ceremony and a gala dinner.
A promising edition in 2017
From 9 to 10 May 2017, more than 5,000 decision-makers from 72 different countries (in Europe and beyond) will be meeting at ICT Spring. 130 speakers from the Grand Duchy and further afield will be sharing their experiences on one of the four main subjects of the event, including big names in the ICT sector such as: Xavier Bettel, the Grand Duchy's Prime Minister; Sam Scimemi, Director of the International Space Station (ISS); and Julie Demarigny, Vice-President International at Warner Bros.
The event will be held again this year at the European Convention Centre Luxembourg (ECCL) in the Grand Duchy's business quarter (Luxembourg-Kirchberg). An ideal venue since Kirchberg is also home to a number of big names in the ICT sector, including Amazon and Vodafone.
A number of other events will be taking place at the same time as ICT Spring. These include:
- the Space Forum, a conference on the impact of space technologies on companies around the world;
- Pitch Your Startup, a competition for start-ups active in the ICT sector in Europe;
- a workshop on EU funding for FinTech & blockchain, dealing with questions about financing fintech and blockchain operations between now and 2020;
- the Startup Grind, presenting a specific innovative start-up;
- the marketers aperitif, bringing together the Grand Duchy's communication and marketing managers to discuss and enrich their processes.
An inclusive event for all professionals in the ICT sector
The aim of ICT Spring is firstly to encourage networking among distinguished decision-makers, innovative entrepreneurs, and researchers on a European scale. Its further aim is to showcase the latest trends in ICT to give rise to discussion of their impact in society and the employment world. The event is organised by Farvest, a Luxembourgish communication company.
(article written by the editorial team of the portal luxembourg.lu)