The Bio-Agrar-Präis is intended as a reward for a farm, a project or a business for its merits in terms of organic farming. The prize, which is worth 4,000 euros, is divided into two new categories: the jury award and the people's choice award. The call for entries was launched in April 2017, and closed on 15 May. Eight entries were submitted to the jury.
Choosing the winners
The new feature of the 2017 edition of the Bio-Agrar-Praïs is the people's choice award. For the first time, it's your vote that counts! From 30 June to 2 July inclusive, all visitors at the Ministry of Agriculture's stand at the Ettelbrück agricultural show will be able to vote for their favourite project, and at the same time automatically take part in a prize draw.
A jury of ten people, selected by Minister of Agriculture, Viticulture and Consumer Protection Fernand Etgen, will be looking for the most innovative and exemplary organic farming projects. The winner of the jury award will be decided by assessing a number of criteria with different weightings.
The award ceremony will be held at 3.30 p.m. on Sunday, 2 July 2017 at the agricultural show in Ettelbrück, in the presence of the Minister, F. Etgen.
Here are the eight candidates and their projects:
- Moutarderie de Luxembourg s.à.r.l. - organic mustard;
- Emweltberodung Lëtzebuerg a.s.b.l. - zero pesticide campaign;
- Wilwert Michel – promotion of bio-diversity;
- Cactus S.A. – Cactus Bio Naturbrout (organic bread);
- Ecosol Sanem a.s.b.l. – Eis Epicerie Zolwer;
- Bio-Lëtzebuerg – Vereenegung fir Bio-Landwirtschaft a.s.b.l. – 'Bio-Lëtzbuerg' label;
- Kass-Haff s.à.r.l. - integral concept of the farm;
- Moulin Dieschbourg s.à.r.l. - organic flours.
The Bio-Agrar-Praïs is awarded as part of the national action plan to promote organic farming. The event is organised by the Administration of Technical Services to Farming under the auspices of the Ministry of Agriculture,Viticulture and Consumer Protection.
(article written by the editorial team of the portal luxembourg.lu)