If you've been hearing classical music tunes in the streets of Luxembourg City, it's because the "My Urban Piano" project is back. Every year, in early summer, this initiative is given a new life for a month. This year, it's on from 31st May to 17th June.
Around twenty pianos all over Luxembourg City invite passers-by to play freely on these instruments made available to the general public, whether at the airport, in a park, in a churchyard or simply on a large public square.
Each passer-by - who is an amateur or skilful musician - can create mini concerts by making the capital city resound to piano tunes and creating a relaxed and cosy atmosphere.
Free-access instruments, decorated among others by youth centres, shelters, schools and associations of the City, create a buzz and generally contribute to putting people in a good mood. Each piano is a work of art in itself, blending into its urban environment. The closing concert will be held at 3 pm on Sunday, 17th June, on Place Guillaume.
Calling all video fans
Take part in the action by posting Facebook videos with the hashtag #myurbanpiano2018. You can win gift cards!
And here's where you'll find the pianos:
- Luxembourg Airport
- Kirchberg, Coque Park
- Kirchberg, Trois Glands Park
- Pfaffenthal, Funicular Station
- Limpertsberg, Place Laurent
- Pfaffenthal, Upper Town lift
- City Centre, St. Alphonse churchyard
- City Centre, Cercle Municipal
- City Centre, Place Guillaume
- City Centre, rue de la Reine
- Old Town, Bock Cliff
- Grund, Neimënster
- Cents, Rham Centre
- Old Town, Lëtzebuerg City Museum, rue Large
- City Centre, Plateau du St.Esprit, Grund lift
- City Centre, E. Klein Park
- Merl, Park
- Gare district, Place des Martyrs
- Gare district, Omnisports Hall, rue de Strasbourg
- Luxembourg City train station
- Bonnevoie, Rotondes