The portal www.luxembourg.lu is the official website of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. It is an online international gateway to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, providing one-stop and non-commercial access to information pertaining to the country.
The portal is the property of the Luxembourg State, represented by the Service information et presse du gouvernement (Information and Press Service of the Government, hereinafter the 'Service information et presse'). The Service information et presse runs this portal with a view to promoting public access to information relating to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
1. Via the portal www.luxembourg.lu (hereinafter the 'portal'), the Service information et presse makes available written information, multimedia data (photographs and illustrations, sound and film recordings, software applications), documents, publications, charts, logos, maps and various services (hereinafter collectively the 'services') subject to the conditions outlined in the present legal notice, with the aim of facilitating public access to information relating to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The objective of the Service information et presse is to provide accurate and up-to-date information; however, it cannot guarantee that errors or update-related problems will never occur.
2. By accessing the portal, you accept the terms of the present legal notice without reservation. The Service information et presse reserves the right to revise the present legal notice at any time. Use of the portal is subject to the most recent version of the legal notice, available on the portal at the time of use.
3. Despite the aforementioned comments and the limitations of liability stated below, the Service information et presse undertakes to do its best to provide correct, precise and up-to-date information. This is, however, an obligation of means and not one of result.
4. You can access the portal via the communication networks of the Internet. You declare to have taken note of the risks and accepted them. You must protect yourself against software piracy by using an adapted and secure computer configuration, in particular a regularly updated anti-virus programme. The Service information et presse is not liable for any damage incurred directly or indirectly as a result of browsing the portal.
5. The Service information et presse will make every effort to ensure the portal remains available at all times. However, it cannot be held liable if this Internet portal is temporarily or completely unavailable.
6. The Service information et presse is not liable for the use made by third parties of the information provided on this portal.
7. The Service information et presse accepts no liability for purely informative services. In fact, the objective is to provide accurate and up-to-date information from various sources; however, the Service information et presse cannot guarantee that all material error will be avoided. None of the information published on the portal should be considered exhaustive. Only officially published legal texts are deemed authentic. Simplifications and translations are for information purposes only.
8. The Service information et presse reserves the right to develop, amend or suspend the portal, without prior notice, for reasons related to maintenance, updates, or for any other reason deemed necessary. The Service information et presse can in particular at any time withdraw, add, complete or clarify all or some of the information and services contained on or provided by the portal. The Service information et presse cannot be held liable for any damage caused directly or indirectly by these modifications.
9. The Service information et presse reserves the right to block access to all or part of the supply of services.
10. The Service information et presse makes the effort to minimise disruption caused by errors of for instance a technical or material nature. However, certain services of the portal may not be error-free, so that it is impossible to guarantee that services will not be disrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Service information et presse does not accept any liability with regard to such problems that may have incurred as a result of using the portal.
11. Finally, the Service information et presse does not guarantee the accuracy of the results provided by the services made available to you. The results obtained are given without guarantee and are in no way binding on the Service information et presse.
12. The portal, all its elements (including the layout) and the services are protected by intellectual property laws, in particular the amended law of 18 April 2001 on copyright, related rights and databases, and the Benelux convention on intellectual property.
13. Unless indicated otherwise, the copyright in the content of the www.luxembourg.lu portal is owned by the Service information et presse.
14. Unless indicated otherwise, the Service information et presse does not grant any licences or authorisations related to intellectual property rights that it holds with regard to the portal, its elements or services. Furthermore, the total or partial reproduction of the services, in whatever form and by whatever means, is permitted only with the prior written approval of the Service information et presse.
15. Unless indicated otherwise, you are authorised to consult, download and print the documents and information available under the following conditions:
16. The rights implicitly or explicitly granted to you above are an authorisation of use and under no circumstances a transfer of rights, property or other relating to the portal.
17. For all uses other than those stipulated above, please submit your request via the contact form.
18. All the photographs used in the image galleries and all the film recordings are wholly or partly owned by the Service information et presse, or by third-party copyright holders who have authorised the Service information et presse to publish them.
19. All the photographs and all the film recordings are protected by copyright and are used only for illustration purposes on this portal. The photographs are not downloadable. Under no circumstances may the photographs or the film recordings be reproduced or modified – even partially – for any purpose, in any form by any electronic or mechanical means.
20. For any question relating to these photographs or film recordings, please submit your request via the contact form.
21. Unless expressly authorised by the Service information et presse, only simple surface links (stating only the URL of the portal), as opposed to deep links, are permitted to the portal’s home page.
22. Unless expressly authorised by the Service information et presse, the portal may not be integrated in any way, as a whole or in part, in another Internet site, for instance by means of framing or inlining.
23. For your convenience, the portal may contain links to other sites that may be useful or of interest to you. The Service information et presse does not systematically control the content of the sites linked to the portal. It cannot therefore be held liable for the contents presented on other Internet sites, either for their legality or for the accuracy of the information contained in them.
24. Any personal data entered on the portal (hereinafter the 'data') is processed in accordance with the amended law of 2 August 2002 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the 'law on data protection').
25. You may be asked to provide certain data such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and other information such as your country and municipality of residence or any other information that you disclose to us on forms provided to this effect.
26. The data will be processed only to allow you to use the various tools for information purposes. Your data may be rendered anonymous for the purpose of statistical or historical processing. It will not be used for any other purposes. It will not be used for commercial purposes or in any other capacity. Communicating data is optional but certain tools on the portal cannot be used unless the required data has been provided.
27. The IP address of your computer is automatically saved and stored by the system. However, this information will not be used, except in special circumstances and within the applicable laws, for instance in the context of a judicial inquiry.
28. Your data will be communicated to the competent administrative body in order to provide you with the requested service(s). However, your data may also be transferred to other bodies, with your prior approval or if such a transfer of information is made compulsory by law or by a competent administrative body.
29. Your data will be stored as long as necessary to provide you with the requested service(s) and to respect statutory limitation periods.
30. The Service information et presse takes all necessary precautions to guarantee data security, while taking into account the varying degrees of sensitivity of the data. However, it cannot discount all risks associated with the use of the Internet.
31. In accordance with the law on data protection, you have the right to access, amend or object to any data processing that affects you. To exercise these rights, you can contact the Service information et presse via the contact form.
32. Any dispute arising from the use of the portal is governed by Luxembourg law and falls under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Copyright of photographs on homepage and on first level website pages: Christof Weber / SIP, Editions Guy Binsfeld, Rob Kieffer / SIP, SES.
Copyright © 2012. Service information et presse du gouvernement luxembourgeois. All rights reserved.