Anyone using the content (information, documents, products, etc.) offered by the portal at www.luxembourg.lu is deemed to have read and accepted all the terms and indications set out in these general conditions for use.
Editor of the portal
The portal at www.luxembourg.lu is the official presentation site of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. As the Grand Duchy's international business card on the Internet, it provides one-stop non-commercial access to information about the country.
The portal is the property of the Luxembourg State, represented by the Government's Information and Press Service ('Service information et presse', SIP). The Information and Press Service maintains this portal with a view to promoting public access to information about the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Obligations incumbent on users
The portal at www.luxembourg.lu is accessed via the Internet. Users declare that they are aware of the inherent risks, and accept them. Users must take steps to counter the effects of computer piracy by adopting a suitable secure IT configuration.
Neither the Luxembourg State nor the SIP may be held liable in respect of any damage users may suffer, either directly or indirectly, in connection with browsing the portal at www.luxembourg.lu, or using its services, or in relation to the websites with which it is linked.
Users must run a recent version of one of the usual browsers to be sure of being able to browse the portal's pages.
General conditions for use
1. The Information and Press Service makes available to you on the portal at www.luxembourg.lu ('the portal') a quantity of written and multimedia information (photos and illustrations, sounds, films, and software applications), documents, publications, graphs, logos, geographical maps, and various services (referred to collectively as 'the Services') subject to the conditions set out in these legal conditions, with a view to providing easier public access to information about the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The purpose of the Information and Press Service is to supply information that is accurate and up to date, but the information may nevertheless contain some mistakes or not be up to date.
2. By accessing the portal, you accept the terms of these legal conditions without reservation. The Information and Press Service reserves the right to amend these legal conditions at any time. Use of the portal shall be subject to the most recent version of the legal conditions, which shall be available on the portal at the time of use.
3. Notwithstanding the above remarks and the limitations of liability set out below, the Information and Press Service undertakes to do its utmost to supply information that is true, accurate, and up to date. This is nevertheless an obligation of means and not of result.
Limitation of liability
4. Access to the portal is by the communication networks of the Internet. You declare that you are aware of the inherent risks, and accept them. You should take steps to counteract the effects of computer piracy by adopting a suitable secure computer configuration, including the use of regularly updated software to detect and remedy viruses. The Information and Press Service may not be held responsible for any damage that you may suffer, either directly or indirectly, in connection with your browsing on the portal.
5. The Information and Press Service shall do its utmost to ensure maximum availability of the portal. Its liability may not be invoked, however, in the event of momentary or total unavailability of the portal.
6. The Information and Press Service may not be held liable for the use third parties may make of the information provided on the portal.
7. The Information and Press Service does not accept any liability for its services, which it provides for purely informative purposes. The aim is in fact to provide accurate, up-to-date information taken from various sources, but the Information and Press Service may not be able to avoid every risk of material error. None of the information posted on the portal is intended to be exhaustive. The officially published legal texts alone are authoritative. Simplified versions and translations are provided for information only.
8. The Information and Press Service reserves the freedom to develop, amend or suspend the portal without notice for reasons of maintenance or updating, or for any other reason deemed necessary. More specifically, the Information and Press Service may at any time withdraw, add, supplement or give further details in respect of any or all of the information and services contained or offered on the portal. The Information and Press Service may not be held liable for any direct or indirect damage related to any such changes.
9. The Information and Press Service reserves the right to cease supplying the services at any time, either entirely or partly.
The Information and Press Service shall make every effort to minimise any inconvenience caused by mistakes, whether technical or material. Nevertheless, some of the portal's services may not be free of mistakes, making it impossible to guarantee that the services will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Information and Press Service shall not accept any liability in respect of problems of this type which may be caused by using the portal.
11. Lastly, the Information and Press Service does not guarantee the accuracy of the results supplied by the services it places at users' disposal. The results obtained are given without guarantee, and are not in any way binding on the Information and Press Service.
12. The portal, all its component parts (including layout) and the services are protected by the legislation on intellectual property, and more specifically by the Law of 18 April 2001, as amended, on copyright, neighbouring rights and databases, and the Benelux Convention on intellectual property.
13. Unless indicated otherwise, copyright in respect of the content of the portal at www.luxembourg.lu is held by the Information and Press Service.
14. Unless indicated otherwise, the Information and Press Service does not grant any licence or authorisation regarding the intellectual property rights it holds in respect of the portal, its component parts, or the services provided. Furthermore, the services may not be reproduced in full or in part, in any form whatsoever, and using any means whatsoever, without first obtaining written authorisation from the Information and Press Service.
15. Unless indicated otherwise, users are authorised to view, download, and print the documents and information available, subject to the following conditions:
- the documents may only be used personally, for information purposes, and in a strictly private context;
- the documents and information may not be altered in any way;
- the documents and information may not be circulated elsewhere than on the portal.
16. The above rights that are implicitly and explicitly granted to users constitute authorisation of use and in no way constitute a transfer of ownership of rights, property or anything else in respect of the portal.
17. For all use other than as stipulated above, please contact us using the contact form.
Conditions for using the image galleries
18. All the photographs used in the image galleries and all the films are the exclusive or non-exclusive property of the Information and Press Service, or third parties with copyright entitlements who have authorised the Information and Press Service to publish them.
19. All the photographs and all the films are protected by copyright and only serve to illustrate the portal. The photographs cannot be downloaded. Neither the photographs nor the films may be reproduced or altered - even partially - for any purpose and in any form whatsoever, whether by digital or mechanical means.
20. For all matters concerning these photographs and films, please send us your request using the contact form.
Hypertext links and related sites
21. Unless specifically authorised by the Information and Press Service, only simple links (giving the portal's URL address only), rather than 'deep links' to the portal's home page are allowed.
22. Unless specifically authorised by the Information and Press Service, the portal may not be incorporated in any way, either in its entirety or in part, in another website, for example by using 'framing' techniques or by 'inlining' (insertion by means of a hypertext link).
23. For your convenience, the portal may contain links to other sites which may be helpful or of interest to you. The Information and Press Service does not systematically check the content of sites linked to the portal. Consequently, it cannot be held responsible for the content presented on other websites, whether with regard to their legality or the accuracy of the information contained therein.
Presence on the social networks
24. Policy on moderation: All users joining the luxembourg.lu community on the social networks undertake to refrain from any discrimination in connection with race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, handicap, matrimonial status, or professional status. Comments which are insulting, racist, sexist or offensive have no place on the social networks. The will be deleted and reported..
25. Languages. On Twitter, luxembourg.lu communicates mainly in English. On Facebook, information may be posted in Luxembourgish, German or English, depending on the situation and the target. As far as possible, replies to all questions and comments shall be in the user's language.
26. Any personal data you enter on the portal ("data") shall be treated in compliance with the Law of 2 August 2002, as amended, on the protection of persons with regard to the processing of personal data (the "Data Protection Act").
27. You may be asked to provide certain items of information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, the country and municipality in which you live, or any other information you may transmit using corresponding forms.
28. Data shall only be processed with a view to enabling users to use various information tools. Personal data may be rendered anonymous for the purpose of carrying out statistical or historic processing. Personal data shall not be used for any other purpose. Personal data shall not be used for commercial or other purposes. The disclosure of personal data is optional, but some tools on the portal cannot be used if the data requested is not provided.
29. Users' computers' IP addresses are automatically recorded and stored in the system. This information shall not be used, however, except under special circumstances and within the limits of the applicable legislation, for example as part of a judicial investigation.
30. Personal data shall be communicated to the competent administration to be able to provide users with the service(s) requested. Data concerning you may also be transferred to other entities, if you have agreed to this in advance, or if the law or a competent public administration makes such transfer compulsory.
31. Data concerning you shall be stored for as long as necessary to be able to supply you with the service(s) requested, and in order to satisfy the statutory limitation periods.
32. The Information and Press Service shall adopt every precaution to ensure data security, taking into account the more or less sensitive nature of the data. Nevertheless, the SIP cannot avert all the risks connected with using the Internet.
33. In accordance with the legislation on data protection, you are entitled to access, amend or oppose the processing of data concerning you. To take up this entitlement, you may contact the Information and Press Service by using the contact form.
Applicable law and competent courts
34. All disputes concerning use of the portal at www.luxembourg.lu shall be subject to the law of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and the courts of the Grand Duchy shall have exclusive competence.
Copyright © 2015. Information and Press Service of the Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. All rights reserved.